Special focus analyses
An overview over special focus analysis derived from data compiled in the Nordic Marine Insurance Statistics database, sorted by topic and year of publication. In addition ot the standard hull claims and portfolio trends the focus of below analysis is to throw more light on special issues of interest.
The analyses were also published as part of the Cefor Annual report or June hull trends update, which are issued in April and August each year.
Vessel CO2 emissions
- 2023: Vessel CO2 emissions
Analyses the CO2 emission alignment against the 100% reduction trajectory by vessel type, age and distance sailed.
- 2022: Fires - still burning
Fire trend analysis per December 2021, featuring:
- Fires versus other casualty types
- Fire trends by vessel type
- Container fires by location (cargo, accommodation, engine room)
- 2021 - Fire trends mid-year update
- 2021 - Fires - No all-clear signal
- 2020 - The fire challenge - containers et al
- 2019 - Fires on container vessels
- 2015 - FIRE! (Car/RoRo vessels versus other types)
Claims frequency versus vessel speed
- 2021 - Claims frequency versus vessel speed - Update as of Dec 2020
- 2020 - Claims frequency versus vessel speed