Webinar: Loss of hire (LOH) insurance in practice20.12.23, Education
Cefor presented the ‘Loss of hire (LOH) insurance in practice’ webinar from the Nordic perspective that took place on January 10, 2024 (13:00 p.m. – 14:30 p.m.) local Oslo time via Zoom.
The webinar presentation slides can be found here
The presentation was held in English and is recorded. The recording can be found here.
If there are any issues in respect of this webinar, please contact Oleksandra Leginevych (email@example.com)
The presentation focused mainly on Chapter 16 of the Nordic Marine Insurance Plan (NMIP): Loss of Hire insurance. The objective of the webinar is to focus on the practical understanding of the Loss of Hire provisions and solutions included thereto.
The scope of the webinar will include the following topics:
• The concept of loss of hire insurance and the general insurance provisions;
• Loss of hire in case of total loss, change of ownership and an unrepaired damage;
• Lifetime of the claim from the loss of hire perspective: timely notification, choice of the shipyard, removal & waiting time, repairs including simultaneous works, delays, loss of time after completion of repairs;
• Alternative course of events: costs incurred in order to avert or minimize the loss;
• Loss of hire adjustment in practice & practical calculations and references to the real case scenarios
Marlena Truszczynska started her career at the Norwegian Hull Club as an Adjuster in 2014, and currently holds the position of Vice President in the Claims Department and is a member of the Board of Directors at the Norwegian Hull Club. She has the overall responsibility for the proactive management and settlement of various types of claims, providing the clients and the Club with the legal and adjusting advice. Apart from her daily activity at the Club, Marlena is a lecturer at Cefor Academy and also represent Cefor at IUMI Education Forum.
Andreas Nesheim worked as an insurance broker for Marsh and Bergvall Marine (now AJG) before he joined Bjørn Slaatten as an Associate Average Adjuster. In 2023 Andreas started as an independent Average Adjuster with his own adjusting firm ‘Norwegian Adjuster’ providing clients with opinions, adjustments and dispute resolution in accordance with the Nordic Marine Insurance Plan (NMIP). In addition to his daily activity in the firm, Andreas has given several lectures at Forsikringsformidlerskolen.
The webinar will count towards the requirements under the Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) and will comprise of 1.5 teaching hours of continuing professional development (CPD) training in the field of marine and insurance law.